This week we are looking at “Weather”.
- What do you think of when you hear the word weather?
- What is the difference between weather and climate?
- How do we measure weather?
- What instruments do we use?
- What are the most common types of weather Ireland?
Watch this video on weather.
Watch the videos from National Geographic Kidson this fascinating topic.
The following three slide show presentations are all about this week’s topic, weather.
The following resources are from Met Éireann.
Click to open and read
Learning about wind
Who Was Sir Francis Beaufort?
The Beaufort Scale
Make your own instrument to measure wind.
Reading weather charts
Click on the two links below to learn how to read and understand weather charts.
See how Met Éireann produces a weather forecast.